What should I look for before buying a 2006 Jaguar X-Type?

What should I look for before buying a Jaguar X-Type? It has a new clutch and flywheel.

Asked on 22 March 2019 by Simon Ecke

Answered by Keith Moody
Start with the basics. Check for rust, especially around the sills and arches. You'll need to keep your eyes and ears open on the test drive - check for signs of overheating and any knocks and rattles from the suspension. Cooling, ECU and electrical issues can affect most X-types. Check everything works - lights, wipers, fans, air-con... everything. Failing transfer boxes are a common weak spot - listen out for whining and look for leaks. You can check the car's MoT history here: www.gov.uk/check-mot-history