Can you recommend a family-sized plug-in hybrid with enough battery range to cover a 30-mile round trip commute?

Can you recommend a family-sized plug-in hybrid with enough battery range to cover a 30-mile round trip commute? Ideally less than three years old and within a £24k budget.

Asked on 28 February 2019 by Steve Hollis

£24k will get you a pre-registered Hyundai Ioniq PHEV. It's a very good car and comes with a generous five-year warranty. Officially it will cover 32 miles under electric power, although this obviously depends on a number of factors. Alternatively, the Toyota Prius Plug-in will travel slightly further under electric power, with an official range of 39 miles.