What spacious automatic should I get to replace my X5?

I am having electrical issues with my BMW X5 so I'm Looking to change. I need a large, family friendly, easy to get in-and-out of car/4x4 with a smooth automatic gearbox. I only do 5k miles a year and a budget of up to £15k. I was thinking Mercedes ML, Audi Q7 or newer X5. Or would a 7 Series or Audi A8 be more reliable?

any suggestions?

Thanks

I'd be hesitant about buying any of these cars for £15,000 - as you've discovered, they'll have the running costs of a much more expensive car and will cost a fortune when they go wrong. If you want a premium SUV, a Lexus RX 450h could be a good purchase - we have very few reports of issues with them and Lexus owners are generally very happy with their cars. Alternatively, I'd be inclined to look for something a bit newer and less premium. A Mazda CX-5 would be a good choice and your budget will get you a high-spec 2015 model.