Will an Alcantara interior wear out quicker than leather?

I'm currently looking at purchasing an Audi Q5 which comes with leather and Alcantara seats. What is your view of Alcantara? It appears to get mixed reviews with concerns about looking scruffy after modest wear and tear. Is full leather (at extra cost) a better bet?

It depends on what you'll use the car for and how long you're going to keep it. With a bit of care, there's no reason why Alcantara won't age well for a number of years. Having said that, if you've got children or transport animals, you might find leather lasts better and is easier to clean.