The automatic gearbox in our Nissan Juke has failed after just 17,000 miles - is this a common problem?

I have an automatic Nissan Juke with a full Nissan service history which has covered 17000 miles. It's three months outside warranty and now has a gearbox problem. Nissan tell me it needs a new gearbox. Surely a gearbox should last longer than 17000 miles?

Asked on 15 December 2018 by Peter

This is an extremely common failure - we have 32 CVT failures recorded for the Juke. Use the data here to complain to the supplying dealer and to support your case. www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/nissan/juke-2010/goo.../