What car would you suggest that is old dog-friendly?

I’d like to replace my Skoda Roomster with something old dog-friendly. My two border collies are getting old and need something with a low sill height to make getting in and out easier. We tend to do mainly short distances so am thinking petrol or even hybrid?

Asked on 11 December 2018 by ian241

A Honda Jazz could work - it's got a low sill and a surprising amount of room if you drop the rear seats. The two naturally-aspirated petrol engines on offer are both great, and it ought to prove to be very reliable. Alternatively, if you like your Skoda, consider a Fabia estate.