What can you save on today? HJ Kit uncovers BIG deals on dash cams, sat navs & more | No thanks

What's the best car for a folding wheelchair user?

Can you recommend a car for my husband and myself? He's 78 years old and uses a folding wheelchair so we need a big boot. We do 10,000 to 12,000 miles a year, mostly on A roads, with a significant portion on small badly maintained rural roads. Ideally we'd like a reliable, economical petrol automatic.The budget is £25,000 max, either used or new.

You might be best suited to a small crossover like the Suzuki Vitara. It has a big boot with a low lip, which should make loading the wheelchair easy. It also has a high seating position, which should make it easier for your husband getting in and out of the car. Your budget will get you a new top-spec SZ5 model with the 1.4-litre BoosterJet petrol engine and automatic gearbox. If you'd like a bit more space, look at the Skoda Karoq. Your budget will get you a low-spec 1.5 TSI petrol with the DSG automatic gearbox. Searching for a pre-registered model might get you more for your money: www.honestjohn.co.uk/best-pre-reg-and-nearly-new-c.../