The DSG in my SEAT Leon has failed after just 35,000 miles?

My 2013 SEAT Leon 1.8 TSI DSG needs a new gearbox. It has only done 35,000 miles and is going to cost almost £5000 to fix. It has always been serviced annually by a local specialist and has been cared after buying an ex demo - should I be asking SEAT to contribute to the fix?

We've had 78 reports of failures of these DQ200 7-speed dry clutch DSG gearboxes fitted to Volkswagen Golfs alone, never mind everything else that has it. Ford abandoned dry clutch Powershifts in Fiesta and Focus models and replaced them with torque converters. When will VWG do the same?