I do 30,000 miles a year - what SUV do you suggest that's economical?

I’m looking for an SUV to use mainly for work. I do about 30,000 miles a year with two trips per week over 200 miles but a 20 mile commute to Cambridge once to twice a week. What would you recommend for under £15K? I need decent mid range acceleration for overtaking but would like decent fuel economy too.

Asked on 5 October 2018 by John McManus

Take a look at the Kia Sportage. Its 1.7 diesel engine would be well suited to your requirements, returning 61.4mpg with the manual gearbox. The Honda CR-V and Mazda CX-5 are also worth considering.