I need an SUV that's easy to get in and out of - any suggestions?

I am looking for an SUV with lower ground clearance so that my elderly mum is able to get in it. She is wheelchair bound so has limited mobility and I need to fold the wheelchair and put it in the back. Any suggestions?

Asked on 25 September 2018 by Alison ashworth

Take a look at the Skoda Yeti - as SUVs go, it sits pretty low to the ground and access to the boot is easy. Unfortunately it's now been replaced by the Karoq, which is more conventional in its approach. The MINI Countryman might also be worth a look. Alternatively, a beefed-up estate like the Volvo V90 Cross Country or Mercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain may suit your requirements, depending on your budget.