I was the innocent party in an accident - how do I reclaim the insurance excess I have had to pay?

I was the innocent party in an accident. How do I reclaim the insurance excess I have had to pay?

Asked on 13 August 2018 by Colin G Parker

Answered by Honest John
You would need to use your legal assistance. If you have motor legal protection, your insurer, admission of liability. may well do it for you. Alternatively, if you have used an accident management company or credit hire hire company, they will do it for you,or you can contact the at fault insurer directly and request from them. Last resort, small claims court.
Similar questions
My BMW was written off even though it had minimal damage and I was not in the vehicle at the time. It was the fourth car damaged by a driver who crashed into a row of parked vehicles. My insurer told me...
I'm a 60 year old IAM F1RST and ROSPA Gold qualified driver. Whist driving my daughters car to work, I was T-boned by a vehicle with a cloned reg plate that didn't give way on a major junction. The police...
My partner hit a deer at one time, but there was minimal damage (a cracked bumper) and so didn't claim any costs on her insurance. She did however inform her insurance company and they have logged the...

Value my car

Save £75 on Warranty using code HJ75

with MotorEasy

Get a warranty quote

Save 12% on GAP Insurance

Use HJ21 to save on an ALA policy

See offer