Will petrol particulate filters suffer with the same problems as DPFs?

One of the problems with diesel engines for low mileage users is the clogging of DPFs. Petrol particulate filters now seem to be appearing, so are they likely to have similar problems?

Asked on 10 August 2018 by AlanM642

We don't yet know, but probably not. Partly because, rather than 'soot', petrol particulates are much smaller and partly because the PPFs are close-coupled to engines with integrated exhaust manifolds so they are burned off more effectively and the filters self-clean.