I want to tow a horse box - what car offers the best 4WD?

What's the best 4WD vehicle for towing a horse box?

If price and reliability is key, a SsangYong might suit your needs as they’re all affordable and backed by a comprehensive five-year-unlimited mileage warranty. The Musso is one of the cheapest double cab pick-ups you can buy right now, with a 3.5 tonne towing capacity and four-wheel drive as standard. The cabin is also large enough for four adults to ride in comfort: vans.honestjohn.co.uk/van-reviews/ssangyong/musso-.../

For best stability, the trailer should be less than 85 per cent of the weight of the towing vehicle. If you think the Musso will not qualify for that, the Rexton might be a better alternative. It’s large, comfortable and good off-road, with a 3.5 tonne towing capacity that should easily cope with horseboxes: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/ssangyong/rexton-201.../

If budget isn’t an issue, the Audi Q7 is one to consider. It’s luxurious and refined, while its 3.5 tonne towing capacity will cut it with the best. The 3.0-litre TDI diesel comes in two versions - the more popular 272PS model which averages a very respectable official 47.9mpg. Alongside this is a more efficient 218PS version extracting 52.3 miles from every gallon.

For our top 10 tow cars, see: www.honestjohn.co.uk/topten/top-10-cars-for-towing