I changed address and got a new V5C for my old motorbike, which has been stored since 1984 - do I now need to declare it SORN?

I have an old motorcycle, which was last on the road in 1984. SORN has never been declared because it was not in use when the SORN rules came in (January 1998). I have recently changed address, sent the old V5 to the DVLA and received a new V5C with all the details correct. However, does this now mean I have to declare it SORN? There was no guide from the DVLA, probably because this scenario could be somewhat rare.

Asked on 21 May 2018 by Robert A Bradley

Answered by Keith Moody
To be on the safe side, you should make a SORN declaration - otherwise, you could incur a fine. It's free and easy to declare SORN online, just visit: www.gov.uk/make-a-sorn
Similar questions
I own a 1971 motorcycle. It was insured last year in April, taxed (historic vehicle class) from 1 June and MOT'd until August 2017. I never got around to using it at all last riding season, so it remained...
I, like many classic car enthusiasts, also care for classic motorcycles. I understand that 40 year old ones are not exempt from MoTs from May 20 2018, unlike the cars. Can you please advise on this, and...
My motorcycle was registered in February 1977, do I still have to pay road tax?

Value my car