Does my motorcycle qualify for the 40 year tax exemption?

My motorcycle was registered in February 1977, do I still have to pay road tax?

Asked on 6 December 2017 by graham dyson

Answered by Keith Moody
Currently, to qualify for historic vehicle exemption, you'll need to prove that your motorbike was built (not registered) before 1 January, 1977. If it was not built before this date, you'll need to wait until the exemption ticks over to vehicles built before 1 January, 1978 - this comes into effect on 1 April, 2018. Remember, your vehicle won't automatically become tax exempt - you'll need to fill in a form. You can find out more here: classics.honestjohn.co.uk/classic-car-road-tax/cla...e