99 2.0 Rear Hub Nut Torque setting - stuartl
Now the time is here to put it back together I need the torque setting! It is discs all round on this car. Tried to buy a haynes but halfords was out of stock.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 04/01/2010 at 12:43

99 2.0 Rear Hub Nut Torque setting - mbah4
My copy of Haynes says 235Nm or 173lbf ft. You need a long handled torque wrench for that!
Haynes does not differentiate between drums or discs for the hub nut figure.

Hope that helps.
J
99 2.0 Rear Hub Nut Torque setting - stuartl
Brilliant, many thanks for the info! That is a hefty old setting! I know it wasnt that tight when I took the old nut off! Thanks again!
99 2.0 Rear Hub Nut Torque setting - mikej
The corners on the UniPart hubnut I had started to round off at the really high torque setting required to tighten it back up.

My advice would be to reuse the Ford hubnut if you know it's not been on and off more than 2 or 3 times.

I had drums on the rear incidently, but from the other reply above it doesn't sound like there's a difference.

Edited by mikej on 04/01/2010 at 13:46

99 2.0 Rear Hub Nut Torque setting - Diamond
Quote: 'That is a hefty old setting! I know it wasnt that tight when I took the old nut off!'

What isn't understood sometimes is that when undoing a nut or whatever the break loose torque is much less than the applied torque. So loosening a nut takes much less effort than tightening. That is why you cannot test the accuracy of a torque wrench by using another to undo a fastening.