02 2.0 HDi Engine Fault - knocking/jerking - cphardcastle
Hi,

A few months ago due to an expanding family I purchased a 52 plate Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi SX.

Within the first week a fault developed where the engine would make a metallic knock and there would be a split second jerk of power. At first I thought the knocking noise was an engine mount or perhaps some backlash in the gearbox. This happened intermittently for a while but quickly became worse to the point that the ECU dash light came on.

I took the car to my local garage who diagnosed a faulty fuel rail pressure sensor which I had replaced under warranty.

However, as always happens, the warranty has just expired and the symptoms have returned. The ECU light isn't on yet but I don't reckon it'll take more than another 20 miles before it does.

Obviously the fuel rail pressure sensor was not at fault, or something is causing the fuel rail pressure sensor to prematurely die.

Please can somebody help?

Many thanks,

Chris
{edited subject header to remove repeated words that are automatically put in from your drop down menu choice and compulsory year and engine detail boxes}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 24/12/2008 at 00:52