Mercedes Benz - C-Class: Pulling Left - Lucian Deville
Hi

Late last year I purchased a MB C-class - on the 54 plate, pre-reg with 200 miles on the clock. the car pulled left - steering off centre. At local MB.

They have loaned me free of charge a similar model to ours - C-class Avangarde. This car has got abot 800 mls on the clock and this pulls two and steering is slightly of centre, on on a very level surface.

I have read reports about many cars doing this - the new Fiesta Zetec Flame and the Mondeo Ghia do no pull to the left to an extent where you notice it with hands on the steering wheel - also the steering is point straight.

The BMW 5 series that we recently sold drove straight as well.

reason we bought the MB - was going to buy the C-max auto - but build problems/cvt, etc - so went for the MB

Any views!!

Thanks

Lucian
Mercedes Benz - C-Class: Pulling Left - Aprilia
I heard that there have been problems with the C-Class pulling. Assuming that the car has not been damaged in any way then a good starting point would be a full '3-D' optical alignment.
Mercedes Benz - C-Class: Pulling Left - Lucian Deville
Hello - thanks, i will ensure they carry out this procedure. The car has not been damaged as I'm the only driver on it.
Thnx
Mercedes Benz - C-Class: Pulling Left - Altea Ego
Plenty of new cars have been damaged before selling "as new" to its first owner.