jet washing engine - gingerwinger
i have a 1994 omega 2.5 v6. i want to jet wash the engine/bay. what is the best stuff to buy for a good clean job and would i be ok with getting so much water all over the engine would it kill the electrices ?? it has no oil leaks i just want to clean it up a bit....

thanks
mark
jet washing engine - Ford Dagenham
Hi.

Doing that is not reccomended especially because of its age.

The gunk may well be sealing some small oil leaks etc.

--
(iam not a mechanic)

Martin Winters
jet washing engine - Civic8
I think this has been mentioned before.As I recall it was not a good idea.I wouldn`t unless you had serious oil leak and you either wanted to find the leak or you had a buyer and wanted to hide it.for general appearance leave it.least I would.
jet washing engine - LeePower
I wouldnt jet wash the engine if I was you.

A bloke down the road from me tried this on his Rover 200 & ended up spending over £1000 replacing the electronics he soaked!

New ECU & ABS ECU where both replaced & coil too. It made the RAC mans day! lol

Gunks ok to use, wipe it off with a wet sponge, will take you ages to clean the engine.

You could always have the engine steam cleaned, look in yellow pages.
jet washing engine - Sooty Tailpipes
I think as long as your careful not to blast the water into nooks and crannies, you will be OK, use Gunk or jizer, but try not to get it on the wiring looms as it tends to dissolve the glue on the fabric tape binding them.

Clean everything with gunk/jizer and a paintbrush on the warm engine, leave to soak and then use the hot jetwash (to avoid thermal shocking) and let the spray go over the engine from a distance, such that there is volume but not much pressure, and let the water wash away the gunk and dirt without over jetting areas such as the brake fluid reservoir, electronics holder next to battery or back of head lights.
jet washing engine - Mapmaker
Why?

If it ain't broke...