smart for four - replacement needed - littledove

First time posting I have a smart for four 1.4 passion 04 done 70,000 and looking for a replacement I have loved this car would like something the same size but with zero tax or £30, any advice please

/

smart for four - replacement needed - Cyd

My SiL is on her third C1 and loves them. They feature quite well in the Warranty Direct reliability tables too. Prob what we'll get next for the wife to use for work.

My SiL is on her third C1 and loves them. They feature quite well in the Warranty Direct reliability tables too. Prob what we'll get next for the wife to use for work.

Thank I do like those, I cannot afford brand new this time will have about £4,000 plus my car, will have a test drive, I am female and prefere small cars!!

smart for four - replacement needed - Cyd

One of the chaps on here has a C1. Dynamic Dave, I think but not sure. Dare say he'll be along with more info soon enough, so keep an eye on the thread.

smart for four - replacement needed - Chris M

I bought a C1 three weeks ago and love it. It's ideal for two people. Our teenage sons rarely come anywhere with us now, but just in case, we kept our CMax which the wife now drives to the shops and I take the C1 to work .

Ours is a 2010 VTR+ 3 door. The VTR+ is top of the range and comes with 'luxuries' such as air con, a rev counter and rear headrests, although still no boot light or courtesy light switch on the passenger door. It's pretty basic and a bit tinny in places, but the engine is great, very willing and makes a fantastic noise when you press the load pedal. There's quite a bit of road noise at speed, but it's well screwed together and no rattles. I've done about 500 miles so far of which possibly 2/3rds have been motorway and have got 55mpg. I'm 6'2" and find it comfortable.

I don't know what your Smart is worth, but Motorpoint have 2 yo examples from £5,299, so within range I guess.

smart for four - replacement needed - Chris M

And I meant to add that if you may be interested in a C1, bear in mind that the Peugeot 107 and Toyota Aygo are all the same car. Same mechanicals, same interior (although different seat fabrics), just different front ends and, for the Aygo, different rear end too. You'll pay a little more for an Aygo for the perceived Toyota quality. Perceived only because they are all made in the same factory.

smart for four - replacement needed - galileo

You'll pay a little more for an Aygo for the perceived Toyota quality. Perceived only because they are all made in the same factory.

Maybe, but it's widely believed Toyota customers receive better service from their dealers and from the manufacturer. Toyota now give 5 years warranty, do PSA?

I bought a C1 three weeks ago and love it. It's ideal for two people. Our teenage sons rarely come anywhere with us now, but just in case, we kept our CMax which the wife now drives to the shops and I take the C1 to work .

Ours is a 2010 VTR+ 3 door. The VTR+ is top of the range and comes with 'luxuries' such as air con, a rev counter and rear headrests, although still no boot light or courtesy light switch on the passenger door. It's pretty basic and a bit tinny in places, but the engine is great, very willing and makes a fantastic noise when you press the load pedal. There's quite a bit of road noise at speed, but it's well screwed together and no rattles. I've done about 500 miles so far of which possibly 2/3rds have been motorway and have got 55mpg. I'm 6'2" and find it comfortable.

I don't know what your Smart is worth, but Motorpoint have 2 yo examples from £5,299, so within range I guess.

Thank you very helpful

smart for four - replacement needed - Avant

Welcome to the forum.

If you want something that, like the Smart, is a little different, think about a Suzuki Swift or a Fiat 500. If you just want a car to do the job, the Aygo / C1 / 107 as mentioned above are good suggestions; if you need a size bigger look at the Toyota Auris or Hyundai i10 or i20.

Edited by Avant on 27/05/2013 at 00:02

Welcome to the forum.

If you want something that, like the Smart, is a little different, think about a Suzuki Swift or a Fiat 500. If you just want a car to do the job, the Aygo / C1 / 107 as mentioned above are good suggestions; if you need a size bigger look at the Toyota Auris or Hyundai i10 or i20.

I do like the look of the Suzuki Swift as you said the Smart for four is a bit different, think the Fiat 500 will be out of my price range, thank you for your suggestions.

smart for four - replacement needed - Collos25

In my opinion better than amy cars mentioned is the VW up blue motion which can be had in 2 or 4 door its also produced with a Skoda or Seat badge .

smart for four - replacement needed - 72 dudes

In my opinion better than amy cars mentioned is the VW up blue motion which can be had in 2 or 4 door its also produced with a Skoda or Seat badge .

But not for the OP's budget unfortunately.

Suzuki Swift well worth a look. Also Toyota Yaris, Nissan Note.

About 7.5k for a 10 month old blue motion it cannot be far from the total budget of 4k plus car Smart For Fours fetch extremely good money.

About 7.5k for a 10 month old blue motion it cannot be far from the total budget of 4k plus car Smart For Fours fetch extremely good money.

thank you when I entered details for my car came up at less than £2,000 so I thought trade in would be quite low.

Thank you all for the advice given me options to look at.

Sell the Smart privately .

Sell the Smart privately .

That would be difficult for me as I am a mobile and on the road for work also a private plate and the hassle of re registering it and having strangers coming is a pain and now I am alone its just to much stress, but I do understand that would be the best £ wise. I do appreciate all you help