Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Not got holding dep back - raeskarma
in Dec i paid £1000 holding dep against new car plus part ex of 11 k they took my car end of jan so when took my new car it have my private plates on, Collected my car 15 th feb , no private plates on and told have to wait for dep till i got old car log book back with age related plates, so i could then go and gat my private plates put on new car. Ive so many problems with this dealer from start, they overpriced my part ex even after seeing it and giving me order and invoice, then trying to get another £4000 due to thier mistake to trying to cancel the deal to now the mess with private plates , they say i dint ask them to do this, but i gave them my old car 3weeks before i got new and wrote a cheque out to dvla for £80 on my company check book, Now i got wait 2plus weeks meanwhile im getting charge interest on card,
. Ive wirtten to Dp by recorded del. all he response was i sort it out next week or week after. This a big well known dealship what can i do now?
Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Not got holding dep back - Armitage Shanks {p}

Really hard to understand with so little punctuation if I may say so. If you paid with a cheque how are you paying interest on a credit card? You don't pay interest a card ayway, if you pay the bill with a ceratin time of receiving it.

i paid 1k holding dep on credit card 27 th dec not got it back.
Paid £80 cheque to dealer written to DVLA for £80 Jan 20 th to change my private plates over to new car.
So im paying interest on 1k that I paid in Dec. Got it?
Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Not got holding dep back - thunderbird

When you pay a deposit to a dealer on a car that may take months to arrive you don't get interest. At todays rates it would make 1/2 of sod all anyway. If you are paying interest on the money you paid by credit card that is your issue. Did you not realise you paid interest on credit cards.

If you are not happy with a deal don't get involved. No point complaining about T & C's after signing on the dotted line and giving them money. If you are not happy walk away with the cash in your pocket.

yes I did know this.
thats not the issue.
They havnt Returned it when I picked up the new car, They said system down, I picked up car on 14 th and now they want even return my calls or letters.
Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Not got holding dep back - tony g
Contact land rover ,they won't want thier distributor acting in this way .
Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Not got holding dep back - Brit_in_Germany

I would not be expecting to get a deposit back on a car purchase after the car has been delivered. Is this really what you are expecting?

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Not got holding dep back - galileo

I would not be expecting to get a deposit back on a car purchase after the car has been delivered. Is this really what you are expecting?

Was the deposit not netted agains the purchase price?

Deposit £x, price £y, balance to pay on collection = £(y-x).

Or have you paid full purchase price PLUS the deposit?

No this was holding dep Only not part of deal. my 4 yr old targa was part of the 11 k dep.
This was as per invoice a HOLDING dep to show i was going to buy and was to be returned on del of new car.
Here is time line again as you are all confused
Dec went to dealer saw new car test drove decide to buy. They look at my car agreed a trade in price.
They asked for holding deposit that i would get back end of Jan when new car ready. I paid 1k.
End of Jan took them my old car ,as new car was going to be 14 days more, they asked for £80 cheque to change my private plates over to new car when it arrived. They lent me a car for the 15 days plus.
15th Jan went to pickup new car, Didnt have my private plates on as they said i didnt ask for this.
And they said they refund me in the next few days my 1k HOLDING dep.
I still not had this back.
The finance only has the price of my old car as the deposit for new one. I have paperwork saying that the 1k is to be refunded when i took del of new car.
Had I Known it take so long i would have gone elsewhere, As i did phone every Uk land-rover dealership in Dec to see who could get the car, make model etc I wanted.This London dealer 3 hrs drive from me said End of Jan. Others where saying Feb,March.
So just to recap 1k was Holding deposit and never part of deal.
I paid them to change my plates over, They didnt do . I had to do that today after fighting with DVLA to get my private plate back.
This a big dealer with many branches.
I sent recorded letter, all i ever got is we get back to you,Same when i ask by phone.
So hope this helps.
Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Not got holding dep back - tony g
If you've got your figures correct ,ring the dealers sales manager ,tell him that you will be at the dealership on a given date at a given time to collect your cheque .

In addition tell him that your time is valuable ,you will want £25 an hour for a three hour journey in each direction ,another £150 .

My guess would be that you will have your cheque for £1000 the day after your phone call .