focus - car not as described - thomas1971

Bought a focus form a dealer.Car sold as "cat d due to seats and wheels being stolen".

Having had car for 2 weeks my local ford garage during service noticed airbag light didnt come on so it was booked in for them to look at it.They told me airbags wernt working due to airbag module being full of data and seats not being wired up.They fixed problems but airbag light still wasnt working.Took car to local auto electrician and he found airbag led was missing.

Local bodyshop say car has been in front end collision and repaired poorly bad paint and panels dont match exactly.

I now know that the car was a cat d due to a collision from previous owner and salvage yard that sold it on.

Can i reject car under sales of goods act as not as described.i.e dealer lied about why it was a cat d+poor repairs+he took led out of dash to cover the accident it had been in.

car is only 2 years old,i did get it cheaper due to cat d but wouldnt have bought it knowing it had been written off due to a heavy accident and had poor repairs.

Car is worth less due to the accident and resulting poor repairs

thaks for replies

Edited by thomas1971 on 11/01/2013 at 19:50

focus - car not as described - tony g
Hi Thomas,
Providing that you bought as a retail buyer and that you can prove that the description was misleading .You are entitled to a refund .

The fact that that car was declared cat d and the price you paid are irrelevant .

The difficulty you face , may be that the dealers who deal in repaired salvage cars ,will simply ignore the sale of goods act .

The only option you may have is to pursue the dealer who sold you the car through the small claims court .
focus - car not as described - bathtub tom

I think that if you bought it as a "cat d due to seats and wheels being stolen" with documentation evidence of this only, then you may have a case.

If you bought it as just a cat D????