Vauxhall Movano. 2005 - Indicacators/ central locking inop. - scubydoo

I took my Movano to a garage for some MOT remedial work on the rear brakes. Got it back, but the indicators, hazards and c/l dont work. The only thing unusual that happened while they had it, was that it ran out of diesel, and they had to bleed it of course. They didnt say whether the battery was flattened or not, during this. The fuses for hazards and c/l are ok, but I cant find one for the indicators. Is it included in another fuse , or located in a different place? If there is a relay where is it located. Cant find anything on the net, so I'm hoping you can help!

Vauxhall Movano. 2005 - Indicacators/ central locking inop. - elekie&a/c doctor

All these functions are controlled by the body control module which is located under the steering column.Check connectors to it first,then disconnect battery for 10 mins and retry.I don;t think running out of fuel would cause the problem,but boost charging the battery may do.hth

All these functions are controlled by the body control module which is located under the steering column.Check connectors to it first,then disconnect battery for 10 mins and retry.I don;t think running out of fuel would cause the problem,but boost charging the battery may do.hth

Thanks for the info, is the control module inside the plastic housing which covers the fuses etc? There just seems to be the fuses and three yellow relays. I've tried disonnecting the battery for 1/2 hour then reconnecting, but its just the same, The battery has been connected to though - they left all the screws out of the battery cover, and just covered it with the mat.

Vauxhall Movano. 2005 - Indicacators/ central locking inop. - elekie&a/c doctor

The Bcm is attached ti the side of the fuse box .There are 2 multi -pin connector blocks connected to it.If it is found to be faulty,you may find it cheaper from Renault(it will have a renault part #on it.)Also it will need programming.hth

Thanks very much for the advice, it is appreciated, I've now sorted it. It turned out to be a small, green - topped 40w fuse mounted on the positive battery terminal 'christmas tree'. The shock came when I came to buy the fuse. £26 30p + vat - for a fuse!!! Then they wonder why main dealers aren't doing very much. They would have had to order it -(at least 3 days they said) so I went straight to the breakers yard and got one for £1.

Vauxhall Movano. 2005 - Indicacators/ central locking inop. - 1tezza
Hi thanks for posting this my 2007 movano Horsebox kept cutting out and wouldn't start. I noticed it wouldn't start if the red led wasn't flashing so something to do with immobiliser . I was attempting to bypass the fuse you mentioned to see if it had blown only to find out the little nut that secures it was loose. I tightened it and get presto the van starts and runs perfectly. Without this post I'd have been into hundreds of pounds at garages and lost the use of the box. Thanks a lot.
Vauxhall Movano. 2005 - Indicacators/ central locking inop. - Yellow Banana

Hi, had exactly same problem. I had intermittent issues with immobiliser working then finally stopped working. I first took the fuses off, cleaned them & tested them (but they were fine). When reinstalling them noticed the battery post clamp bolt had slight play. Tightened the bolt up & hey presto it worked straight away. Re started the ignition a few times & every thing fine now.

Thanks you both for submitting your findings as it helped resolve the issue a lot quicker. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info on internet regarding this issue with Movano/Renault Masters.

Fuses a couple of pounds off eBay.

Edited by Yellow Banana on 28/01/2021 at 20:13