Vauxhall Astra H - vauxhall astra '57 1.6 clutch judder - severn

hi,

i have clutch judder on my astra that i bought last Friday from an independent dealer that gace me 3 months warranty.

i get a loss of power in 1st and 2nd and hard to change gear cleanly ...in reverse the whole car judders...

i understand this is a well known problem with Astras .

just looking for what the solution might be :

1. should Vauxhall help me free of charge

2.or my dealers warranty coverf such faults ?

3.how much will it cost to fix ??

thanks

Jon

Vauxhall Astra H - vauxhall astra '57 1.6 clutch judder - 1litregolfeater

I knew it was a well known issue on Corsas, but my Astra's clutch is smooth. As I understand it the solution is to put up with it or fit a new clutch. My Astra has a cable clutch, the Corsa's is hydraulic. I always meant to try bleeding the Corsa clutch but never got round to it, you just reminded me. I wonder if that might make any difference, I doubt it.

Vauxhall Astra H - vauxhall astra '57 1.6 clutch judder - Galad

You might be lucky and get away with dogdy gear linkages as was my experience with an Astra H but in the end the clutch is probably on it way out - 2 years later and 20k miles it cost me £350 to supply and fit exchange clutch assembly from main Vx dealer.

Vauxhall Astra H - vauxhall astra '57 1.6 clutch judder - Peter.N.

You may be able to stop the judder by burning the clutch off - gently, just let it slip a little as you pull away for about 30 seconds or so.

Vauxhall Astra H - vauxhall astra '57 1.6 clutch judder - Collos25

If you bought the car from a dealer then you biught it under SOGA the warranty is worthless take it back and ask for it to be repaired - didn´t you notice it before you bought it?