Mercedes E Class - front suspension failure - le1ont

My 2007, 53,000mile 280cdi has just failed its MoT at my local M-B franchised dealer because in their words-

-The offside knuckle joint is worn

- The bushes on the inboard ends of both lower suspension arms are cracked and worn affecting the castor angles

Surprisingly they say the work will be done under the extended M-B warranty

The car has been serviced every year at franchised MB dealerships. I bought it 10,000 miles ago from the dealer who originally sold the car, with a fresh MoT. My local dealer now failing the car serviced it only 4000 miles ago, so assuming that they inspected the suspension then the failure cannot be normal wear in that small mileage. I do not carry heavy loads in the car- usually only me and I don`t go off road

Has anyone any experience of this problem please?

Can I assume that the rest of the suspension bushes etc will also fail soon? .

Please advise my best course of action

Mercedes E Class - front suspension failure - elekie&a/c doctor

Worn suspension bushes are common place on this age of M/benz models.Don't forget this is the era of the Chrysler cost cutting exercise,so yes the others will fail soon.Nothing to worry about,as it is the rubber bush that starts to crack.Normal wear and tear on one of these.hth

Mercedes E Class - front suspension failure - le1ont

Thank you for the information

Mercedes E Class - front suspension failure - Collos25

I cannot see how your garage did anything wrong ball joints can go from servicable to non servicable in a matter of a few hundred miles.New ball joints in 5years is hardly a catastrophe you make it sound from your headline the suspension has dramatically collapsed wait till you have a real problem such as the ABS ecu or gearbox problem then you will have something to complain about but having to replace a balljoint is just everday motoring.