Peugeot 206 - 206 coil pack earth or suppressor snapped - gingdave

Hi,

My '04 206 returned from the garage with this part snapped and disconnected.

i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/jaseuk/DSCF1658-...g

The garage have said that they didn't do it whilst checking the plugs (or when they changed the plugs last week during a service) and that all it does is stop interference affecting the radio. It went back to garage as the engine light started flashing with rough/lumpy running when putting any strain on the engine. Unfortunately the problem had 'fixed itself' by the time I got to the garage and nothing came up on the diagnostic.

Does this part 6555.K9, static condenser suppressor have anything to do with earthing the coil pack? I've read on one forum that it being snapped could reduce the life of the coil pack. On another forum it suggests that it could protect the ECU from any electrical spikes from the coil pack. Does anyone know if either of these could be the case?

Other forums talk a lot about a suppressor mod, but is this something to do the main connector in the middle of the coil pack? Thanks for reading, Dave

Peugeot 206 - 206 coil pack earth or suppressor snapped - hardway

Do you mean the coil pack extensions,ie the part (4 off) that actually connect the pack to the plug tops?

IF so then pretty much every one I've worked on suffers this problem in varying degrees.so much so that when one comes in for a service I go thorough this probable before hand wjth the customer.

Best guess for the degradation is engine heat in an enclosed space with poor material selection.

I usually fit the new coil pack for cost.

. Whoops!ignore me,didn't see the photo link.

Edited by hardway on 23/07/2012 at 22:08

Peugeot 206 - 206 coil pack earth or suppressor snapped - gingdave

cheers.

so a fiver for the part plus fitting will fix it?

maybe a bit of a juddery ride in the mean time but nothing fatal.

thanks

Peugeot 206 - 206 coil pack earth or suppressor snapped - bathtub tom

>>The garage have said that they didn't do it

To paraphrase Mandy Rice-Davies........................

I'd be more worried about what looks like the missing breather hose on the cam-box cover.

Peugeot 206 - 206 coil pack earth or suppressor snapped - glowplug

>>I'd be more worried about what looks like the missing breather hose on the cam-box cover.

Surely removed to take the photo?