Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi 2006 - Diesel Pump/Injectors - arnold2

Trying to sort a problem with my Ford Focus TDCi 1.8 2006: the engine occassionally has what I can only describe as a 'hickup' at about 1500 RPM - feels slightly like a misfire on the injectors, but as it only happens at those revs, could the fault be with the pump, rather than injectors?

The other running issue is that the power from very low rev up to 1500 RPM is low... when I asked my Ford garage, they reckon that although the injectors can wear, and may need reconditioning, the pump will either work & pressure correctly, or fail - which sounds odd, as surely all mechanical components will wear!

Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi 2006 - Diesel Pump/Injectors - sandy56

The Ford 1800 diesel is not the best engine. Look at HJ's comments on this.

Try the Ford owners site as well.

Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi 2006 - Diesel Pump/Injectors - BenG

Had a Focus 1.8 TDCI and there was little boost below about 1750rpm hence no power - not a fault.

As for the hesitance, you might consider also if the EGR valve is working as they have a knack of clogging up with oily soot and sticking - this could potentially cause hesitations.

Dirt in an injector might cause jerky running though I can't see that this would be limited to low revs.

Has the fuel filter been changed on schedule? I.e: Could this be affecting fuel supply? Again, would expect it to affect power at higher revs but any deterioration could be gradual over time and less noticeable...

Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi 2006 - Diesel Pump/Injectors - IOT

Hi

Did you ever solve this poroblem?

I have the same hesitation/judder at 1500 RPM, it's almost as if you touch your brakes.

I bought the car at 1 year old and have suffered with the problem for 2 years.

It's due to go back into the garage for a 7th time. Ford seem to just fob me off with excuses.

Thanks

Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi 2006 - Diesel Pump/Injectors - Jamesey

If you want my advice to you personally, sell the car quick. I had that problem intermittently for about a year, then I had a breakdown diagnosed as a failed injector. As soon as it was replaced at cost of around £600 (by Ford main dealer) I was told a second injector had gone. Car still at garage, not been resolved yet...

Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi 2006 - Diesel Pump/Injectors - Peter.N.

They don't have an injection pump just a high pressure one which doesn't usually give much trouble, they usually either work or dont. If its similar to the PSA Hdi engine the pump has a pressure regulator which can cause all sorts of faults.