Vauxhall Corsa - HPI Check Concern - traps25
Hi i am looking at buying a 2001 vauxhall corsa. I have done an HPI check which came back ok but i noticed on the registration that it was first registered in the UK in 2005 yet the car is from 2001. I contacted the HPI company and they said it could of been used outside the UK and imported so they would contact the DVLA to find out. They have just rang me and said the car has never been used outside the UK but may have been on something which the DVLA call a secret record!! Does anyone have any idea what this could be?
Vauxhall Corsa - HPI Check Concern - tony g
Hi ,
Usually cars like this have been imported from Eire ,Jersey ,or the isle of man.

I've been in the trade thirty years and have never heard of a secret record ,the dvla is a public body ,why not ring them direct and see what they have to say .

Having said that ,the car is a 2001,it's value is about £500 ,it's far more important to check the cars condition and that the vin numbers match the registration documents .Your HPI check should also show that the car is not stolen or have outstanding finance .

Tony g
Vauxhall Corsa - HPI Check Concern - Grenache

A secret record is used to record details of a car which belongs to someone in a high-security position, perhaps in government, armed services, security services, etc.

This is so that if anyone does a numberplate lookup, the DVLA will say, yes, we know about this car, and no, we're not telling you about the owner.

Vauxhall Corsa - HPI Check Concern - 1litregolfeater

I wonder if this could be the lost James Bond Corsa that he drove in that year's film?

Vauxhall Corsa - HPI Check Concern - bobster64

Hi, I have used several car check providers over the years and have found the most helpful one to be www.carcheckuk.co.uk when I had a discrepancy they followed it up for me and gave advice.