citroen 1.4i xsara forte hatch - air-bag warning lights - glynnipig

Can anyone help? I have the model as described, but the air bag warning light showing the air bag in the drivers seat, stays lit. Does anyone know if this is an MOT requirement now? (It wasn't last year) How can I fix this problem?

citroen 1.4i xsara forte hatch - air-bag warning lights - Peter D

New regulations came in on 1st April 2012 now all waring lights must be off. ABS, Airbags. ESP TC etc etc etc.

You may just have a connector problem under your seat. Regards Peter

citroen 1.4i xsara forte hatch - air-bag warning lights - elekie&a/c doctor

I think you will find that this model has a seperate a/bag warning light for the side impact bag in the seats.As above,check connections under seat frame.Also,at present,the only warning light that has to operate correctly is the Abs light.No other warning lights are an mot fail.Advise only.hth

citroen 1.4i xsara forte hatch - air-bag warning lights - Peter D
It is widely reported that the proposed changes have been bought Read this for example :
www.nidirect.gov.uk/mot-changes
Regards Peter

Thanks for your advice Peter

Thanks for your reply.

citroen 1.4i xsara forte hatch - air-bag warning lights - Roly93
I got so sick of this on my wifes Xsara 1.4 Forte that I removed both fron seats (quite easy 4 bolts in each) and cut the airbag connectors off and hard soldered the cables. This fixed the problem which was intermittant.

Thankyou so much for your reply.I am comfortable with soldering, but how will i know which are are the air bag connectors? The fault seems to be with the air bag light in the driver's seat and it is permanently lit. Which seat will I remove please to get at the wiring? You say you removed both front seats. Is that necessary? Than you once again.

citroen 1.4i xsara forte hatch - air-bag warning lights - Robin the Technician

Hi,

This is a common Peugeot/ citroen problem. Because you and your wife drive the car, I dare say the seat is moved backwards/ forwards when needed. This causes problems with the plug under the seat. All you need to do is cut a wire each side of the multiplug under the seat (for example red & red) and rejoin them using a soldering iron. The problem is the plug and its well known. On my old Peugeot 406 this was the official fix!!

Once you have done away with the plug you should have no further problems. Just remember its the same system under the passengers seat so this 'may' cause problems too. A repair that costs nothing to fix....how often does that happen!!!

Hope this helps

Robin the Technician - I fix, therefore I am

Hi,

This is a common Peugeot/ citroen problem. Because you and your wife drive the car, I dare say the seat is moved backwards/ forwards when needed. This causes problems with the plug under the seat. All you need to do is cut a wire each side of the multiplug under the seat (for example red & red) and rejoin them using a soldering iron. The problem is the plug and its well known. On my old Peugeot 406 this was the official fix!!

Once you have done away with the plug you should have no further problems. Just remember its the same system under the passengers seat so this 'may' cause problems too. A repair that costs nothing to fix....how often does that happen!!!

Hope this helps

Robin the Technician - I fix, therefore I am

Robin,

Many thanks for your help and guidance.

Glynnipig