Short Term Insurance - meldrew

My wife has got a newer car and her old one is polished up for sale. It is in extremely good condition but now I thought I might run it around for bit as a second car ( I have only a SORNed MGB and a bicycle!) as it can't depreciate much further.

How can I best get , say, six months insurance and then get rid of it next Spring? Will I have to pay a full year regardless? You know what insurers are like!

Short Term Insurance - veryoldbear

You can get short-term insurance, but for six months you're probably going to pay much the same as for a full twelve.

Shop around, and optimise no-claims with what you have and what wife has ...

Short Term Insurance - bintang
My insurer would offer a refund but only after the £25 fee they charge for any change of policy required.
By the way, Saga, Rias and LV= are said to be the most sympathtic to older drivers, if you are one of these/us.
Short Term Insurance - RT

Sympathetic maybe - but they still load the premiums - I just got a quote from LV, it was double my existing insurance and with higher excesses - through a broker at Lloyds

So much for press tips, in this case the Daily Telegraph, I believe.
Short Term Insurance - meldrew

Thanks all for cheering me up. Yes I am "older" ! Have a couple of weeks of the extended cover left so am plucking up courage to put it in Autotrader. Trouble is, a fine day to take a decent photo!

Good news re wife's newer car though. Got the V5 in the post today and it turns out to be a one owner from a classy part of the country. Asked every question possible at time of purchase but forgot this one. Might ask him what he is selling next!!

Car owning, buying, and selling, gets less enjoyable as every year goes by. Maybe that is my age too........

Short Term Insurance - able1
Admiral Insurance do a multi car policy for 2+ cars.