seat altea 1.9 tdi pd bkc engine. - no power at all - matt1086

can anyone help i have changed the turbo as it was leaking oil the power loss was there before hand. i have changed fuel filter and i have check the engine timing all is good there are no fault codes and it ticks over fine just no power at a loose end hope someone can help oh and there are no turbo pressure leaks.

seat altea 1.9 tdi pd bkc engine. - no power at all - Peter D

Your next move should be to measure the Tandem pump output pressure. Frommemory 3.4 bar. You will need and adaptor, T peice and gauge. Has the car been run on cooking oil. Regards Peter

Hi I did a pressure test it read 3bar on idle and 7.5bar @ 2500rpm so I don't think it's the pump also I don't know If it's been run on cooking oil. Just wondering if it's injectors of software issue regards maatt.
I also found a pressure leak on the egr fix it made no difference. It threw a fault under boost an put it into limp mode but no mil light it went out of limp mode when erased but still flat no smoke. So that's why I am thinking software problem. Regards matt
I have 1450bar at 2500rpm think tandem has gone as there isn't alot of vacuum from the pump.
seat altea 1.9 tdi pd bkc engine. - no power at all - dieselnut

You need a good vacuum or the turbo vanes won't move to the maximum boost position. Check vacuum at the tandem pump, you may just have a leak in one of the many vacuum pipes or brake servo. Are the brakes ok?

The brakes seem ok I took the conection where the vacuum pipe connect to the servo pipe and there doest seem to be much vacuum from the tandem. There is a bit of a whistle at high revs and over run but can't find any leaks lost lol

You need to start at the Tandem pump & measure the vacuum there.

And what should that be as I have been trying to find out but no one seems to know

Understand that the turbo need 18Hg of vacuum to be fully operated, so the pump output should be higher than that.

Here is a link to the vacuum pipe diagram for a Passat, would think yours is similar.

https://sites.google.com/site/1810martin/home/b5-vacuum-hose-diagram

Edited by dieselnut on 30/07/2012 at 17:50

Cool cheers pal.
Hi I have done a vacuum test at tandem and it holding at idle 25hg so that's good and the fuel output pressure is good too. The vnt lifts at 18 as you say and as does the egr so everything on the vacuum side seems to be working I have just purchased a boost tester so hopefully this might help me find a leak other than that I think it might have a software problem. Matt