Saab on the side - Bobbin Threadbare

Driving on the m'way this afternoon, I spotted a Saab parked up on the hard shoulder, bonnet open. A man shaking his head at it. It made me feel a bit sad. They seem to be starting to drop in price slightly in the used market (well, in my region anyway).

I have been tempted to go and look at one but part of my brain tells me to just avoid them....!

I also saw a Smart car towing a trailer. The tiniest little trailer I have ever seen. It might as well have been a lunchbox on wheels.

Saab on the side - jamie745

If the Smart driver just bought a Fiesta he could've saved a whole world of issues.

Saab on the side - RT

I didn't think that Smarts were Type-Approved to tow anything !!!

Saab values have been in freefall recently and buyers will naturally be extremely hesitant. Its like when Rover went bust, cars had to get beyond really cheap to find a buyer.

Saab on the side - veryoldbear

Bargains are to be had. Plenty of spares still around, especially as 93 = posh Astra and 95 = posh Vectra.

Saab on the side - RT

Bargains are to be had. Plenty of spares still around, especially as 93 = posh Astra and 95 = posh Vectra.

The original 9-3 was Cavalier-based but the later 9-3 and 9-5 were both Vectra-based.

Well they weren't as Vectra based as General Motors requested them to be but they do share some bits.

Saab on the side - madf

SAAB engine management systems = runaway.

Saab on the side - Mike H

SAAB engine management systems = runaway.

Bit obscure that - would you care to enlighten us??

Saab on the side - sandy56

SAAB users forums are a useful source of all things SAAB. CHeck there if you are interested in information.

Saab on the side - skittles

Is Saab now dead?

Was reading only a week or so ago that they have been bought by a Canadian company

Saab on the side - RT

Is Saab now dead?

Was reading only a week or so ago that they have been bought by a Canadian company

That's for parts supply to existing owners in North America - there are also unconfirmed reports that Saab itself has been sold to a Swedish electric car consortium, presumably because GM feels no threat from use of it's platforms there.

Yes it would appear it will soon be in the hands of an electric car group based in Sweden. If thats the case then its nice it stays in Sweden I suppose, rather than get flogged off on the cheap to the Koreans merely as a name to sell Hyundai's for £5 more.

Saab on the side - RT

Yes it would appear it will soon be in the hands of an electric car group based in Sweden. If thats the case then its nice it stays in Sweden I suppose, rather than get flogged off on the cheap to the Koreans merely as a name to sell Hyundai's for £5 more.

Hyundai are keen to BUILD quality cars, not just take a "has-been" brand and re-badge their existing models.

The cheap Koreans re-badged as a better brand are Daewoo, re-badged as Chevrolet !!

Saab on the side - Auristocrat

Hyundai are keen to BUILD quality cars, not just take a "has-been" brand and re-badge their existing models.

The cheap Koreans re-badged as a better brand are Daewoo, re-badged as Chevrolet !!

Lets be clear here. GM bought the car manufacturing side of Daewoo, and it is the Americans who have made GM Australia responsible for GM Korea and re-badged the cars as Chevrolet.

Although Hyundai bought Kia when Kia were bankrupt, they continued to develop Kia as a brand - and look where they both are today!

Hyundai do not have a history of buying obsolete brands and re-badging.

Saab on the side - Trilogy

Saab lives www.swadeology.com/2012/09/press-release-nevs-fina.../