Peugeot 307 CC 55 Plate - Offside Rear Light Failure - Sean.FezSi

hi all.

Basically the offside rear lights have stopped working on my girlfriends car. The number plate light, boot lid cluster and main cluster have all stopped. The brake light, indicator and fog light all remain working. Looking at the light cluster, it's LED and not a single lamp, and to confirm this, I removed the cluster from the car, so that rules a lamp fault out.

Has anyone got an idea as to what could be the cause? I was thinking along the lines of maybe a problem with the fuse of that circuit (if it's a seperate circuit for each side) but the owners manual doesn't stste which fuse is for the lighting circuit.

Any help would be much appreciated

Regards

Sean

Edited by Sean.FezSi on 29/05/2012 at 22:07

Peugeot 307 CC 55 Plate - Offside Rear Light Failure - KwacK
Just had this problem, due to the plate lights and led's being on the same series circuit if one goes the other does too, if the led's flash when they are turned on then go out, all you have to do is replace the number plate bulb.

Hope this helps.
Peugeot 307 CC 55 Plate - Offside Rear Light Failure - MR ALISTAIR STEWART

I have this issue just now. Just tried replacing the bulb, and still nothing. Double flash when engine started, but no lights.

Peugeot 307 CC 55 Plate - Offside Rear Light Failure - Andrew-T

Sounds like the old duff earth connection near the rear lamp cluster? Common with Pugs I understand, but never happened to me.

Peugeot 307 CC 55 Plate - Offside Rear Light Failure - Gibbo_Wirral

There is a known rear cluster earth fault, but I've only seen it on 407s and 207s.

Here's the repair guide anyway:

http://nwex.co.uk/downloads/peugeot/407rearlightbulbsold.pdf