Ford Mondeo Duratorq TDCi 2.0litre - Engine stops intermittently - DaveH51

Can anyone help with this. The engine on my mondeo cuts out when driving intermittently. First happened about 18 months ago going up a hill, wouldn't restart so I called for help, Tried to start 10 minutes later while waiting and away it went. No problems for the next 12 months so I put it down to a glitch in the fuel. However, similar things have happened 4 times in the last 3 months, twice it has restarted immediately on the key but on the other occasions I've had to wait be for up to an hour. When it does start it runs perfectly. I've had it serviced and a fault code check has shown nothing. Any ideas anyone?

Ford Mondeo Duratorq TDCi 2.0litre - Engine stops intermittently - injection doc

wiring on the fuel rail pressure sensor can cause intermitant issues along with many others.

Lift pump in tank can go intermittant.

check for blocked fuel filter

wiring on the fuel rail pressure sensor can cause intermitant issues along with many others.

Thanks for the reply. The car's been serviced twice since the problem first occured so I think that rules out the fuel filter. I'll ask my garage to check these points though. Thanks again for the advice.

Ford Mondeo Duratorq TDCi 2.0litre - Engine stops intermittently - ChannelZ

Thanks for the reply. The car's been serviced twice since the problem first occured so I think that rules out the fuel filter.

Only if the filter was changed....

Seen plenty of cars with full service histories, and still running the air and fuel filters they left the factory with.

Thanks for the reply. The car's been serviced twice since the problem first occured so I think that rules out the fuel filter. I'll ask my garage to check these points though. Thanks again for the advice.

Well I've been charged for fuel filters but who knows..... Taking it to a different garage for checking these points though.