Ford Fiesta 1.4TDCi - Ford Fiesta 1.4TDCi 2006 Engine Warning Lamp on. - scamps

Hello. Today the engine warning lamp has stayed illuminated after start up. Have checked all levels - OK. Engine is running OK. No power loss. Was serviced only a few months age. Am in the berkshire area. Where is best place to go to get fault record downloaded? Cannot see a generally known problem on HJ up to now, unless I have missed something.

Ford Fiesta 1.4TDCi - Ford Fiesta 1.4TDCi 2006 Engine Warning Lamp on. - mickyh7

Spark plug wells full of water and causing shorting or faulty coil on this model

(1000's of them) Dont fit a cheap coil if this is the problem,it will soon fail again.

Many problems with Ecotech engines !

Ford Fiesta 1.4TDCi - Ford Fiesta 1.4TDCi 2006 Engine Warning Lamp on. - AndyT

You may be able to self test for active fault codes by following this procedure;

With the ignition off, hold down the trip meter button, whilst the button is still pressed down, insert the key and move it to the second position, and then it should read ''TEST'' on the display. Release the trip meter button, and then press it repeatedly until DTC shows. At this stage hopefully, you will see any active error codes, should be 4-digit codes from, what little I know.

To return to normal operation, just turn off the ignition.

Ford Fiesta 1.4TDCi - Ford Fiesta 1.4TDCi 2006 Engine Warning Lamp on. - elekie&a/c doctor

There are no spark plugs or coil on a diesel ,but you do have glow/heater plugs.Even though these are not often used,the engine control system monitors their operation.A fault in the glow system does not affect engine performance.hth

Ford Fiesta 1.4TDCi - Ford Fiesta 1.4TDCi 2006 Engine Warning Lamp on. - mickyh7

Ooop's so sorry.

Read your post too quickly.

Ford Fiesta 1.4TDCi - Ford Fiesta 1.4TDCi 2006 Engine Warning Lamp on. - scamps

Thanks for Advice. I tried to get the code as you suggested byt when I got DTC it reported 'None'. So I took the car (which is running just fine) down to a nearby independant garage and they put it on their analyser to down load the error report (1/2 hour labour charge - fair enough). The report showed it was the Mass Air Flow Sensor in fault mode. The fault code was reset and we will wait to see if the fault re-occurs and is the same error before potentially replacing at cost of £112 + VAT Parts and Labour. Cheers

Ford Fiesta 1.4TDCi - Ford Fiesta 1.4TDCi 2006 Engine Warning Lamp on. - madf

MAFs can be cleaned - with care..