Ford S-MAX - Car servicing dates - Happy Blue!

My S-Max will be three years old on 29 June 2012. It was serviced in May 2010, early April 2011 (due to an extended holiday) and I now need to consider the 2012 service. Servicing regime is 12,500 miles or 12 months. My car has done 31,000 miles.

The Ford garage has persuaded me to hold off on the service until 30 May to get the 13 month MoT ticket, but by then the car will be out of time for the third service.

At the moment I have no warranty issues and do not anticpate any (i have only had one and that was a very minor matter of a loose rubber grommet in the taligate), so am I chancing it if I find a major fault after 29 June 2012, when the warranty expires?

Edited by Bitter Blue on 02/05/2012 at 11:58

Ford S-MAX - Car servicing dates - craig-pd130

I think as you'll have had 3 Ford dealer services in the 3 years, give or take a couple of weeks, and the mileage isn't excessive, you're unlikely to have problems.

Or if you're worried, get it serviced by Ford then just take it elsewhere for the MOT in June.

Ford S-MAX - Car servicing dates - TeeCee

The Ford garage has persuaded me to hold off on the service until 30 May to get the 13 month MoT ticket, but by then the car will be out of time for the third service.

If that's their recommendation, get 'em to put it in writing. That way, if anything goes wrong later and Fords start with the "not serviced according to our standards" weasel words, you get to hit 'em with the "you told me to do it this way" response.

Ford S-MAX - Car servicing dates - Happy Blue!

That garage rang on Friday. They have ceased trading, four days before the car was booked in for the service.

Have had to book it into one of these Ford service centres. It is a independent garage with lots of Bosch and Ford branding that claims to be able to service to the same standard as the dealer. Personally I prefer either a dealer or a guy with greasy hands, so I think the S-Max is about to have its last service at a Ford branded outlet.

We shall see the results.