Peugeot 306 - Bypass heater exchange - alj

I have an old Peugeot 306, with a faulty heater exchange leaking into the passenger footwell of the car. Due to the age/value of the car, I don't want to replace the heater exchange. I'd like to simply bypass it so I can make the car last a few more months before I replace it (over the summer). Will bypassing the heater exchange temporarily solve my problem? Any major risks / downsides? Can anyone provide very simple instructions on how to bypass it?

Thanks in advance.

Peugeot 306 - Bypass heater exchange - Peter.N.

No problem, just pull the hoses off and join them with a piece of copper or plastic pipe.

Peugeot 306 - Bypass heater exchange - alj

Great, appreciate the quick reply.

Peugeot 306 - Bypass heater exchange - dieselnut

You could try some Radweld or similar, then you would retain a working heater.

Otherwise, with a cold engine, remove the 2 heater pipes from the connectors at the bulkhead where they pass through to the heater matrix. Find a piece of copper pipe that is a tight fit into the 2 pipes & join them together. Secure these with 2 jubilee clips. Check the coolant level & recheck after the engine has reached normal temperature.

Peugeot 306 - Bypass heater exchange - jc2

Even easier,just run one of the hoses you already have from the heater water outlet on the engine back to the return connection.

Peugeot 306 - Bypass heater exchange - Peter D

Try a bottle of K Seal. Regards Peter