Ford CMAX 1.6 TDCi Titanium 2010 - CMAX CD player - Levenax

The Sony CD player in my CMAX runs very hot. I first noticed this when I ejected a CD after it had been playing for about half an hour and it was too hot to hold i.e. around 70 deg C. I was concerned because heating CDs to that sort of temperature can't be good for them. Some time later I was playing a CD and also had the heater on to demist the screen when the CD cut out and the radio came on. The screen showed a "CD high temp" message. I took the car back to the dealer with a photo of the error message and after a bit of hassle the unit was changed under warranty. The new one is little better and still toasting CDs although I haven't had an error message yet. Ford Customer Services know about this problem which I think is unacceptable but they haven't come up with a solution yet. Anybody else out there with a similar problem in a new model CMAX?

Ford CMAX 1.6 TDCi Titanium 2010 - CMAX CD player - Peter.N.

A number of cars suffer from this problem because when you have the heater on it gets hot behind the dashboard, the LCD display starts to fade on my 406 for the same reason, I suspect you don't get this problem in the summer when the heater is not on. I think most of the heat comes from the pipes feeding the face level air ducts on the dashboard, if you can close these and have the heat directed elswhere it might help but if you are a cold mortal like me I like hot air coming from everywhere.