VW Polo 54 1.4L Petrol - Polo 1.4L Petrol 54 Shaking when Idle - hsd

I bought this car in june last year. I have 1 yrs warranty on it. The car shakes when idle. My mechanic has had it in on numerous occassions to try and get to the route of the problem but still the problem exists . What I have started to realise is that when the weather is cold the car runs 90% ok I only sence the mildest flutter, but as the warmers weather comes in the car starts to shake when idle, the warmer it is outside the worse the car is. Strange! What can this be. My son thinks its a sticky cylinder. He has also said he thinks the compression might be poor he is not a mechanic though so I won't let him touch the car!?! I don't know what to do. The mechanic is fed up I think. He changed a thing called the Lambdh scencor but that hasn't improved things. Any sugestions would be greatly recieved.

VW Polo 54 1.4L Petrol - Polo 1.4L Petrol 54 Shaking when Idle - Peter.N.

I would think the power must be down on one cylinder at tickover, this could be due to low compression or an ignition fault, is it causing the engine to rock or is it a random misfire?

Sorry don't know what you mean about engine rocking, I'm not mechanical minded. It puckers at traffic lights sometimes and my son say's now and again there is a slight missfire. I can stop it by slightly reving engine. When outside weather is warmer it does it all the time quite badly like it is going to cut out but never does. I need to rev abit higher to take off or it stalls. It's so annoying. I have 2mnths left to my warranty, I would like to find the problem before warranty runs out.

VW Polo 54 1.4L Petrol - Polo 1.4L Petrol 54 Shaking when Idle - Peter.N.

If its down on power on one cylinder the vibration will be it will cause the engine to rock backwards and forwards in time with the misfire, open the bonnet and watch, when you increase the revs it will smooth out and become steady.

ok I will try it and get back to you. Thanks!

VW Polo 54 1.4L Petrol - Polo 1.4L Petrol 54 Shaking when Idle - Liam singh

Hi I have the exact problem did you find the situation