Citroen Xantia forte 2 hdi x reg 2000 - car will not start after leaving battery of - el kat

hi all, i left the battery of the car for a couple of months when i tried to start it it just turns over but will not start,the fuel is getting there but still not starting,anyhelp out there

Citroen Xantia forte 2 hdi x reg 2000 - car will not start after leaving battery of - gordonbennet

Just a thought, you did have adequate anti freeze in when the temps plummetted only a few weeks ago.

Citroen Xantia forte 2 hdi x reg 2000 - car will not start after leaving battery of - el kat

yes i always keep anti freeze topped up

thanks anyhoo gordonbenit

sorry bennet

Citroen Xantia forte 2 hdi x reg 2000 - car will not start after leaving battery of - Peter.N.

I'm afraid the only quick way you can find the fault is by having the codes read. You say you have fuel at the pump so that would rule out the in tank pump which are a common cause of failure, the other likely things are lack of fuel rail pressure, crankshaft or camshaft sensors faulty or at worst a broken cam belt.

Edited by Peter.N. on 11/04/2012 at 00:31

thanks peter.n. i have a pal coming over to sort it ,and i hope its not a broken cam belt, will post the resultd later to help others.

my pal came and told me the immobiliser would not read the key so i am sending the ecu to be sorted ,thanks to all anyway.

Citroen Xantia forte 2 hdi x reg 2000 - car will not start after leaving battery of - 1litregolfeater

Is this give us a clue? Is it petrol or diesel, for starters.

oops

French cars can have a gallic eccentricity sometimes, but you're probably just not trying hard enough, which is a purely english thing.

just noticed it's an hdi, all other readers please note! ahem

I'd be looking at the fuel filter while charging the battery.

Edited by 1litregolfeater on 11/04/2012 at 03:42

thanks 1litregolfeater,i'll try harder next time !