Vauxhall Astra G Petrol - vauxhall astra radiator fan not kicking in - skipper786

Astra SXI, 1.6 Petrol, 2002, 5 doors. Since I bought it a month ago, it had Engine cooling light ON, the Yellow light with a fan over a Radiator. I thought it would be a matter of just topping up the coolant but it was something more than that. Neither the Radiator fan nor the Aircon fan kicks in no matter what you do. Luckily the car does not heat up during normal driving; it’s only at idle that the car heats up till the coolant is sprayed all over, suppose the air striking the radiator while driving cools it down. The fan works when supplied direct current. The temperature gage is also working. All fused checked and ok. Need help...Thanks

Vauxhall Astra G Petrol - vauxhall astra radiator fan not kicking in - RT

On the Astra-G, there's a small electronics box just behind the front bumper armature, where it gets wet!, which controls the cooling fan logic. They do give problems so find it, clean the contacts to see if that'll cure it otherwise it probably means a replacement unit. Try a scrapyard for an Astra with a rear-end shunt.

Vauxhall Astra G Petrol - vauxhall astra radiator fan not kicking in - 1litregolfeater

I was going to suggest engine temperature sensor, but that would be ridiculous.

These are the classic signs of head gasket failure.

Sorry.

Shouldn't cost a lot if you take it to a small local garage with a good reputation.

Vauxhall Astra G Petrol - vauxhall astra radiator fan not kicking in - faulkner75

hows it the head gasket?