Which Merc or BMW is best for a dull driver - Should Be Off the Road

We need to get a new (old) car and I have a number of preferences:

- Automatic (a must)

- Economical

- Reliable

- Safe

- Oh, and cheap

In short a sensible pensioner type car – I’m not a pensioner by the way, just old before my years.

My wife has said that she wants a “comfortable” car which seems to boil down to a Merc or BMW, although other cars that could be driven by salesman of the month types would fit.

What models of Mercs or BMWs (or similar) cars would be able to fit this mould. How can I get a Volvo while she thinks she’s got a BMW?

Which Merc or BMW is best for a dull driver - balleballe

What is your budget?

Maximum age?

Maximum mileage?

Which Merc or BMW is best for a dull driver - Collos25

mercedes e class w211 220 cd1 roomy easy to drive and reasonable mpg certainly over 40mpg in general use.

Which Merc or BMW is best for a dull driver - elekie&a/c doctor

Dull driver must have a dull car.So its got to be a BMW X1.Possibly the most dull and boring car on the road today.

Which Merc or BMW is best for a dull driver - tony g
Hi , a bus pass would fit most of the criteria ?
Which Merc or BMW is best for a dull driver - barney100

Merc C class would fit the bill, high mileage get a diesel, low mileage a 180. How about a Volvo saloon?

Which Merc or BMW is best for a dull driver - ChannelZ

BMW is only comfortable if you compare it to an Audi S-Line. Compared to most other cars, they're like drving a car where someone's swapped the springs for scaffold poles.

You want something that's designed to be comfortable, that means non-sporty rep mobiles. Citroen C5, Mondeo Ghia, Vectra Deisgn, Insignia SE, any Avensis. THOSE are comfortable. BMW is not.

Which Merc or BMW is best for a dull driver - Avant

"How can I get a Volvo while she thinks she’s got a BMW?"

Tell her that Volvos have some of the most comfortable seats in the business (true).