Nissan Juke - New Juke Diesel - Craigdm
They've altered the gearing on the 2012my Juke and the results are amazing. I was lucky emough to get an offer to swop my 2011 model for a new one for the princely sum of £150.
I do the same journey (Blackpool to Bristol) every week, and in 13k miles the old Juke consistantly averaged 47-48mpg. On the same trip, I've just seen 61.8mpg in the 2012 car. Performance doesn't seem to have suffered and the new car seems much quieter. Nissan should be singing from the roof tops about this!
Nissan Juke - New Juke Diesel - unthrottled

You don't get an almost 30% improvement in economy from taller gearing alone. Probably a lot of factors, but the result must be welcome!

Nissan Juke - New Juke Diesel - balleballe

Are those brim to brim figures or read from the 'computer'?

Even after a whole range of adjustments - a 30% improvement seems too good to be true

Nissan Juke - New Juke Diesel - unthrottled

I've found that there's a powerful subconscious factor at work: when I'm on for a 'good tank', I tend to try a bit harder to hit some magic round number-in my case 500 miles per tank. When I realise that a tankful is going to yield disappointing numbers , I tend to think 'sod it' and try to get it out of the way as quickly as possible! Irrational, I know.

Similarly, when I get a new pad of paper my handwriting drastically improves-for the first page-then it's back to the usual spidery crawl.

Nissan Juke - New Juke Diesel - Collos25

The downside is that it has to be one of the ugliest useless cars ever built.

Nissan Juke - New Juke Diesel - Avant

Personally I'd agree that it's ugly - although it's reasonably practical so hardly 'useless'. But a lot of people either disagree or don't care what their car looks like, as the Juke is I think no. 9 in the top 10 of sales to private buyers.

With the Juke and the Qashqai, Nissan seem to have found what people want which never happened with the Almera and Primera. Those were perfectly good cars but perhaps not 'different' enough.

Nissan Juke - New Juke Diesel - Collos25

I should have added "in my opinion"

Nissan Juke - New Juke Diesel - Happy Blue!

Ugly yes, but I can see why someone might buy one. Especially at 60mpg.

Nissan Juke - New Juke Diesel - daveyjp
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, But for practicality i.e. the ability to carry anything of a size the Juke is useless. A perfect demonstration of form over function.