C3 Picasso - C3 Picasso EGS anyone have it/try it? - mmarsh

Has anyone tried (or have) the C3 Picasso with EGS? What are your impressions?

I have test driven it yet, but If it were not for the lack of a true CVT I would have already bought the car already. But the things I have heard about the EGS in the C4 Picasso have not been very encouraging.

This car is precisely what I am looking for, but if the EGS is as bad as I have heard this could be a deal breaker. The altenative looks like a Peugoet 308 with the true auto gearbox, but the gearbox is the only feature (that and the price) of the Peugoet I like compared to this.

I'd like to take this moment to smack the designers on top of their head for not releasing a full auto version of this car. The have done so o all there other cars, but apparently not for one of their most popular.

C3 Picasso - C3 Picasso EGS anyone have it/try it? - dadbif

I do not have any experience of the EGS gearbox, however there is a report on it here, c4owners.org/plugins/content/content.php?content.43

I have owned a C3 picasso for just over 2 years, and have nothing but praise for it, driven back and to the UK three times so far and the average fuel consumption (1.6 HDi) is just over 56mpg.

One thing I would advise you not to have is the 17 inch wheel option, mine has them since the 1.6 HDi was unavailable without at the time, the ride can be a bit harsh over uneven surfaces and speed bumps are terrible. Tyres €200 a corner.