Vw Passat 2.0TDI 140bhp - New fuel injectors on Passat improve mpg - anglaismich
I bought an 08 Passat with 90K on the clock 18 months ago and was disappointed with getting an average 40mpg doing 20K a year on mostly long motorway runs. It was recalled in January 2012 for new fuel injectors after which the consumption increased to almost 46mpg. As VW have known about this injector problem for some time do you think the is a case for compensation for reduced consumption to that advised by VW?
Vw Passat 2.0TDI 140bhp - New fuel injectors on Passat improve mpg - unthrottled

VW do not 'advise' that a car will get any fuel economy figure. I'd be happy with a set of brand new injectors myself...

Vw Passat 2.0TDI 140bhp - New fuel injectors on Passat improve mpg - Railroad.

This is because fuel injector nozzles become worn over time. As the nozzles wear the fuel pressure reduces, and the fuel then doesn't atomise quite as well leading to reduced combustion efficiency. A new set if injector nozzles will give the engine a new lease of life.

Pumps don't create pressure, they create flow. Opposition to flow creates pressure, and that's why the condition of the injector nozzles are so important.....