V5 information incorrect - Simonjc1

I have bought a 2011 Mondeo that is a German Import. It has a 60 reg. The V5 shows the date of 1st registration as 1 Jan 2011 however I have a print out from the Ford ETIS system that lists the build date as 2 Feb 2011 (which is consistent with the model since it has stop start fitted and it wouldnt have been fitted if built in early Jan) and the warranty start date as 11 March 2011 (warranty starting from the date of delivery per Ford terms). I therefore believe it should actually be an 11 plate car.

I wrote to DVLA with this information who advise that Ford has confirmed that the year and month coding in the chassis number is for a car build in Jan no date specified) and therefore they will not amend the details.

Any thoughts on how I can get this corrected or do I just accept thats the way it is? Thanks!

V5 information incorrect - TeeCee

I wrote to DVLA with this information who advise that Ford has confirmed that the year and month coding in the chassis number is for a car build in Jan no date specified) and therefore they will not amend the details.

So if Ford's systems assigned a chassis number to a build sheet on, say, the 31st of January and three days later the completed object passed through quality control and completed build......

You'll probably have to live with it.

I can accept the build date difference (other than DVLA assume is 1st Jan when in fact it must be the end) however the V5 states the date of first registration which obviously cannot be the same as the build date. The date of first registration and start of warranty are surely always the same date so shouldnt DVLA be using that rather than the date the chassis number was allocated?

V5 information incorrect - Bromptonaut

You say it is a German import. Was it registered/used over there?

Yes I believe it was imported to the UK in July 2011.