renault scenic 2012 - new car ,faulty lights - purple-crow

just bought a new renault and found the reverse light is on the left underside and when lit gives a glow on the left and nothing on the right. how did this pass for uk roads and by what department.renault says thats the way it is so hard luck.

i would be interested to know if the french reverse light is on the same side as the english version?

renault scenic 2012 - new car ,faulty lights - Avant

Probably an economy measure: last time I looked at a Scenic the wipers were set up for LHD.

Many of our correspondents who have trouble with French electrics would envy you for the fact that the light works at all !

renault scenic 2012 - new car ,faulty lights - TeeCee

Road Vehicle Lighting regulations 1989. Reversing lamps.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/schedule/14/made

1. Number No more than 2.

2. Position No requirement

3. Angles of visibility No requirement

4. Alignment To the rear.

I take that lot to mean that Renault are correct.

Edit: If it has one foglamp, that has to be to the offside or centrally mounted though.....

Edited by TeeCee on 28/02/2012 at 09:03

renault scenic 2012 - new car ,faulty lights - ChannelZ

just bought a new renault and found the reverse light is on the left underside and when lit gives a glow on the left and nothing on the right. how did this pass for uk roads and by what department.renault says thats the way it is so hard luck.

i would be interested to know if the french reverse light is on the same side as the english version?

One reversing light is more common than two now. All Ford Focus have one reversing light low down on the bumper, new Astra, all Renaults, quite a few Pugs. It's only older cars that seem to have two, like my old Mondeo, Vectras, and the likes.

The reversing light will be on the opposite side on the French version, as the kerb is on the other side, and the lights are set up for reverse parallel parking in town, not for reversing miles down a country lane.