Renault Megane 1.5dci 2002 - Idle issues - Intermittant fault - Taters

My Megane is having the following problem when starting. When I start the engine and try to pull away I get no response from pressing the accelerator. The engine revs are slightly lower (about 850rpm looking at rev counter) than normal idle speed and the car sounds as if it’s very slightly firing on 3 cylinders. After a period of time (Normally 10-20 secs but once or twice as long as a min) the revs will increase and I get accelerator response. I'm guessing that the ECU is not letting the car rev due to the low idle speed.

This fault never happens when the engine is started from cold, once running, the engine runs fine with no problems. It seems it’s linked to a hot engine as I can drive the car with no problems, stop the engine to say fill up with petrol or post a letter and when I go to restart I get the fault.

Sometimes if I turn the engine off and restart the car will behave normally even thou the engine is hot. Turn it off again and restart and I get the problem.

I get no warning lights on the dash and as said previously there is no obvious issues when driving.

I've checked the wiring and carried out a "wiggle" test of all the connections and can't replicate the fault. I have also tried to observe the engine whilst it’s having the fault but as it generally clears within 10 - 20 secs fault diagnosis is difficult due to the short time.

Someone has suggested it's an injector on the way out so I am planning on carry out a leak off test to see if this can shed a light on the issue.

In the meantime any ideas? Has anyone come across this before?

Renault Megane 1.5dci 2002 - Idle issues - Intermittant fault - Avant

Moved to Technical.

Renault Megane 1.5dci 2002 - Idle issues - Intermittant fault - Taters

I also carried out a leak off test today and here's the results.

Injector 1 was 30ml
Injector 2 was 32ml
Injector 3 was 30ml
Injector 4 was 35ml

So working on a tolerance of 10% its looking like injector 4 could be the culpirt?

Also I have had a diagnostic done with no faults showing.

What it did show is the fuel pressure reading was higher slightly when it was on low idle and dropped when idling correctly.

Also I have noted that if I go to pull away with the engine on low idle using just the revs(as cant accelerate) the engine goes to stall as one would expect. If i catch the engine before stall by depressing the clutch the engine revs oick up and it idles at normal speed.

I'm wondering if its a sensor somewhere giving a wrong reading once the engine warms up?