Ford C-MAX - 08 CMax TCDi 1.6l cuts out at speed - red257
Hi, i'm hoping someone can help. Here's a bit of the cars history:
Bought in 2009 from a reputible dealer, serviced as recommended with no problems until April 2011
Following service in April 2011 car engine cut out whilst driving, no warning lights before cutting out.
Car was returned to garage who couldnt find anything wrong with it. Cut out again a few days later. Garage again at a loss to finding a fault. Software was upgraded, problem seemed to be fixed until yesterday.
Driving at speed on motorway, engine seemed to lose power, pulled to hard shoulder, where car cut out completely, tried again 10 mins later, car started. Ran for 5 mins before cutting out again.
AA came, car started and managed to drive 20 miles to dealer without incident. AA ran diagnostics, no faults reported
Dealer ran diagnostics, no fault reported. Dealer tested all the usual suspects but nothing flagged up. This pm dealer tried to start the car but it wouldn't start. They have no clue what the problem is but will continue to look into it.
I am really worried about having this car back if they can't find the problem, it's a family car. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks
Ford C-MAX - 08 CMax TCDi 1.6l cuts out at speed - elekie&a/c doctor

Recently looked at a peugeot 407 with a similar fault of a random cut out(same engine as yours).Replaced the fuel filter and the problem was fixed.Just an idea.hth

Ford C-MAX - 08 CMax TCDi 1.6l cuts out at speed - ChannelZ

Agreed, most likely fuel filter.

Another example of clueless garages who don't do old school diagnosis - if the computer doesn't tell them a fault, they've no idea how to fix a simple problem.

Ford C-MAX - 08 CMax TCDi 1.6l cuts out at speed - red257

Recently looked at a peugeot 407 with a similar fault of a random cut out(same engine as yours).Replaced the fuel filter and the problem was fixed.Just an idea.hth

Thanks for the reply. The fuel filter is what they thought after the last service so they replaced the new fuel filter with the old one! They have now come back saying its the EGR valve which needs replacing at a cost of £400 plus.
Ford C-MAX - 08 CMax TCDi 1.6l cuts out at speed - tinks73

my cmax cuts out my im driving on big or small rds no warning lights at all but starts back up rite away all test have been done nothing shows up on it at all but then will go weeeks without doing it then it will start doing all over again im baffled any help or knw of anything on this matter?