Toyota Aygo 2007 blue MMT - Aygo intermittent starting problems - Richard Huddleston

Never any problems, now suddenly occasionally won't start, but left for a few minutes will. It's in the garage so not exceptionally cold or damp.

Battery's ok, fuel pump's pumping I can hear it. The engine management light stays on then the "Stop " light flashes, other electrics work.

I can't hear the solenoid cutting in.

A post elsewhere on the net says some of them needed a startet motor & ignition modification. It's done 20k.

Anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Toyota Aygo 2007 blue MMT - Aygo intermittent starting problems - injection doc

I suspect this is a starter motor issue. I have come across this before on these models.

Toyota Aygo 2007 blue MMT - Aygo intermittent starting problems - gordonbennet

If you have a proper Toyota dealer preferably not some inner city place, ask them to have a look at it with a view to getting some goodwill out of Toyota, with such low mileage and assuming its been serviced reasonably i would be very surprised if they don't help.

Toyota Aygo 2007 blue MMT - Aygo intermittent starting problems - Richard Huddleston

New starter motor has cured it. £80 off ebay including postage. I took the old one apart, the motor looks ok so I guess the solenoid's had it. Annoying that they're not available separately.